Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bedi relieved after release, leaves for Punjab

Elated over her release from the jail, former Bollywood actress Monica Bedi on Wednesday thanked the Almighty after she stepped out of the Chanchalguda jail on Wednesday morning.

"I got justice and I thank God who heard my prayers," said Bedi, who stepped out at 7.45 am from jail with a smiling face. She was lodged in the jail since November 12, 2005.

"I am happy and I thank God," she said.

When asked about her future plans, a beaming starlet and companion of underworld don Abu Salem, said "I want to spent some time with my family in my native place in Hoshiyarpur in Punjab. Later, I will decide about my future."

The Special CBI court in Hyderabad had granted bail to her on Tuesday but her release was delayed for a day.

Bedi left for Punjab via Delhi along with his father Prem Bedi.

No comments: