Friday, May 18, 2007

Life is wonderful


The new Mrs Bachchan, who is currently on a honeymoon with her actor-husband Abhishek, has said life after marriage is wonderful.

"I am feeling wonderful. I am very happy. By the grace of God, everything is wonderful," Aishwarya Bachchan told Bhasker Yadav in Cannes.

In her first interview after her marriage on April 19, the Bollywood actress described Abhishek as "superlative and fantastic".

When asked if married life had changed anything for her, she responded, "No, I am just a normal girl in a wonderful time of my life, a very special time. It's fantastic. It's all things good."

The 33-year-old also praised her in-laws Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan saying she had found wonderful parents in them.

Red carpet

After walking the red carpet at the festival with Abhishek, the actress said she was still getting used to being called Mrs Bachchan.

"This is the first travel where people start calling you, 'Hello Mrs Bachchan, good evening'. I was kind of getting used to that because it's the first time you're being addressed by a new surname so that has been a first, and I've maybe done a double take at time but pleasantly so, it makes us smile, so it's been good," she added.

Aishwarya is at this year's film festival as part of L'Oreal's team of models, who descend on the event every year.

"So we're here for the opening evening and meeting up with all of you guys, plenty of press work between today and tomorrow. And then I'm out of here because I've been on my personal time off from my holidays so I'll be continuing with that, pack it all into today and tomorrow," she continued.

The Cannes Film Festival opened on Wednesday night and will run through until May 27.

Back to work

After her honeymoon, the new Bachchan will return to work on Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodha-Akbar. The film, which is based on a 16th century love story, also stars Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan.

On her other upcoming movies, Ash said she was looking forward to working with her husband and father-in-law in Sarkar II. "Which will be a kind of working with family as we are all related now. It's always a privilege to work with actors like Abhishek and an iconic legend like my father-in-law," Aishwarya said.

The Bachchans will also be seen together in director Karan Johar's forthcoming project.

No comments: